Saturday, February 13, 2010

Done.

I am done with people that don't come around,
And done with people that take advantage of me.
I am done waiting on people who don't appreciate what they have,
Because they are too busy focusing on what they don't.
I'm done being sold out.
I'm done keeping my mouth shut.
I'm done pretending to be happy all the time.
I'm done getting the shaft.

I'm done with hoping that things will work out
Even though they never, not one time do...
Or ever will.

I don't mean to be negative.
I hate being negative
But I'm tired of being positive,
And getting my teeth kicked in...

Every day.

I'm done with people
That don't appreciate what I do for them.
I'm done with people that don't say thank you.

I'm done with not being able to tell people "no".

I'm done with doing huge favors for people,
That would never, in their lifetime-return the favor
For me.

I'm don't care if people talk about me.
Infact I love it.
But I'm done with friends that don't defend me,
And play all ends against the middle.

That crap's for the birds, man.

I'm done with selfish friends
Driving people away from me
Because they feel threatened.

I'm done with friends that never
Take the advice I give seriously
Enough to take it...
But don't mind asking over and over and over again.

I'm done with disrespectful people.
And I'm going to start giving people the same
Amount of respect that they give me,
Because I'm done playing fair
And being nice

All the time.

I'm done with people that say I'm "fake"
If I do something different than they expect...
Or different than they want.
I didn't realize the definition of "real"
Was doing everything everyone else expects,
And never making mistakes...
Never being human.

And if that's "real,"
I'd rather be fake any day.

I'm sick of people judging me by hearsay.
Meet me,
Love me,
Hate me...
But make up your own mind.
What that tells me,
When you judge me by what you hear-
Is that you don't HAVE your own mind.
So you don't deserve an opinion.

I'm done
With feeling inferior.
I am absolutely amazing,
And beautiful.
I am fun
And full of life
I am optimistic,
I am Jade.
And I'm done feeling like I'm not worth anything
Because people put me in that place

KNOWING
They can get me to do what they want.

They can't.
I'm done.

I'm done with answering to people that don't care about me.
I'm done with being chained to mistakes I've made.
I'm done being labeled.

I'm done trying to reach people
That don't want to see the truth.
I'm done trying to save people that don't want to be saved.
I'm done.


I'm done with not respecting MYSELF,
And not doing things I want to do
Because I'm waiting on other people.

I am going to start taking care of me.
What a switch!

And those who don't like it can leave.

It's not like they have a problem with leaving on their terms...
So today...
I make the rules.

From now on,
I AM the LEADING LADY in my own life.

And no one...
Is stealing my place
Anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment