Saturday, February 6, 2010

Something to be angry at

I wish I had something to be angry at-an object that symbolized this entire situation, that I could hit and punch and kick and scream at. An object I could stab and smash and wreck and ruin and throw up against the wall.
I wish I could break this like glass...and feel that rush; in the heat of the moment, as it shatters against the wall...and showers me with it's shards as they dive down-aiming deeper than the floor.

But then I think, even if I could break it...it wouldn't matter-because it wouldn't change the tear in your heart or the past that you have. It wouldn't change how even if you saw me...even if you really looked at me, and had the brief idea of "maybe"--you could never love me the way you love her.
Because first love, just mangles you like that and after you're used up, you're never the same.
So even if I was the one who WAS willing to write your letters, and water your flowers, and sit at your feet...the way she won't...the way she refuses to,
You would never, could never...never never ever, see-me.
Deep down you'd never want to.
Deep down, you'd be wishing every time the phone rang just because I missed you...that it was her...even though she doesn't. And the only reason she'd need you...was for selfish reasons, or because she was suffering because of the mere fact that I had you; and for the first time-she didnt...at her beck and call, constantly begging for mercy.
But I wouldn't MAKE you beg.
I wouldn't make you wait.
I wouldn't make you feel desperate for me.
I would let you have me.
And I guess that's the difference between her and me. She doesn't value what I value about you...like how you love your mother, or your bravery, or your strength. Because all she cares about-is herself, and tearing holes into you because it makes her feel important.
And she doesn't love you.
She loves having you at her feet.

And I don't even have to know her to know-
That I could love you...
More than her any day.
Because I, would be at your feet-

Asking you what you needed,
Writing you sonnets,
Playing you songs.

I would be by YOUR side-
When you needed ME.
Forever and ever, nomatter what.

But I think that's the thing that makes me SO UPSET about this life. The fact that people that would fit together, get broken by the people that don't deserve them...then can never fully appreciate each-other.

"It's you that I see-but you don't see me...and it's you that I hear...so loud and so clear; I'll always be waiting for you..."-Coldplay

I will always be waiting for you

And you'll always, be waiting...for her.

But that is life; and the way it goes...


I just wish-I had something to be angry at.

2 comments:

  1. I just spent the last hour reading your blogs. (Thank you for saving me from the Super Bowl...) I stumbled upon it while searching "Norman Blogs" and of course became overwhelmed with curiosity at this mystery heartbreak and old perfect job. You're great at expressing yourself, keep it up, it's the only thing that can keep you sane.

    I know nothing of mystery man, or mystery girl, or mystery job, but I can tell you this: I fell in love in high school for two fabulous years and he moved far away to join the Navy and when he came home to visit he gave himself away to one of my very own friends and my heart shattered. Then, the promises of God brought me out of it and my life plunged into beautiful proactive things. I wish the same for you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meant everything, thank you so much Jamie. I'm constantly amazed at God. His grace is so good-I'm so undeserving, and he just saves me every time.
    My story is very similar to yours, but I'm realizing now...God had another plan entirely. I have to trust that when I'm low. His will is great!
    And I am so glad you enjoyed my work. That is such a compliment!!!

    And I am extra glad I saved you from the superbowl! Even though, I cried when the saints won despite the fact I'd never heard of them and hate football :)

    Thank you so much for your kind kind words!
    They meant the world!

    ReplyDelete