Monday, February 8, 2010

So-
Words were venomous, they were.
And I felt a million miles from you.

And yesterday?
Was just plain awful.

It's like your microphone-
Your mouthpiece,
Only comes out-
When you can't keep me in line.

And was that all I was to you?
Something you could keep in line?
Because it feels that way.

And to say
That I wasn't enough...
When I gave my everything-
To YOU
That's the most unfair thing.

Because I was real...
Probably the realest thing you'll ever know.
And at one time,
I was YOUR Jade-
Something you were proud of.


And I wonder when having you,
Turned into selling out...
Losing,
And forgetting
ME.

It was never supposed to be that way.

And it hurts so bad,
Because there is nothing left to hold on to-
And vocally,
Yes-I crumbled our buildings...

But silently,
You poisoned the ground beneath our feet,
And it was something,
Completely unbeknown-st to me...

That you lost your love for me a long time ago.

I wish you would have just left.

That's what I wish...
Instead of day in and day out watching me be the glue-

I wish you would have left,

Instead of pouring how "terrible" I was into her...

I wish you would have had a spine and broke my heart into.

And you let her speak;
Like she was THERE-

And expect me to be respectful?

Here's your respect...

And I hate you.
I really do.

I hate you.
I hate you more than anyone I've ever known.

Because no one,
Can make me feel as small as you do.

And when I finally got the chance to
Shatter you-
I did it.


And now,
I don't know how to feel-
Empowered or

Sad and foolish...
Or all of it,

Because my prize-is gone.

I have nothing left-

Knowing that you didn't love me,
Leaves me no stories to tell about us...

Because there was never an us;
Only a you and a me-
Trying to please you;

It was fake,
It was only motions.

And I can't decide what hurts worse-
The idea that I held and lost...

Or the idea that I never,
In all of that time;
In all of those memories,

Ever,
Really had

You...

No comments:

Post a Comment