Sunday, February 14, 2010

I wish hopes
Didn't bring such sadness.

I wade in pools of the sadness
That hope brings.

It makes your heart dream,
And long
And thirst for things;
Impossible.

It makes you see a clear
Path,
Where no path is laid,

And those who pursue it might win,
But I find myself,
Always
Holding less than I began with.

And I wish I could
Have
Understanding at the beginning,
Instead of at the end...
And I realize-
That's not living,

But my hope
Is a fragile thing,
That grows quickly,
Shatters easily

And exhausts me.

It creates delusions,
And false ideas
That make my heart look up;
Until the lie has no more foundation,

And then I have no more foundation.

My hope-
It ruins me.
And sometimes,
I think it would better to be hopeless,
Than hopeful

And lose
The dream
Of what could have been

When it doesn't work out.

Because it never
Works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment